Friday, February 24, 2012

Blessings in Disguise

Hi everyone!  I want to first apologize for the lack of posts and updates.  I promise, I'm not slack - we've been focusing on preparing our hearts for Uganda.

Over the last few months, Voices 4 the Voiceless has been blessed in more ways than one.  With a bit of a rocky start (to say the least), starting a non-profit is hard enough, but the struggles of building a team of passionate & committed people has proved even harder.  Its been very draining emotionally, and at times, exhausting.  But the Lord has shown me numerous times that He never promised this to be easy.  I am learning to place my trust in Him and this beautiful plan He has laid out for me.  After many ups and downs, and promises to trust - I finally surrendered this into His hands.

And .... He has BLESSED.

Several months back, the Lord introduced me to a girl named Allison Heinekamp.  Unfortunately, she and her family live many states away, so we have never actually met in person.  But I do know that she has a heart of gold and a deep passion to serve the Lord and to care for the orphans.  She and I spoke on numerous occasions and it became evident that she was to become a part of our team here at Voices 4 the Voiceless.

Meet Allison and her beautiful family.
Although she and her family live many states away... she has been a tremendous blessing to this ministry.  We're so thankful for her and the many hours of hard work she puts into helping us prepare and plan! 

And most recently, we welcomed another special person onto our team.  Through some even tougher times, the Lord brought this beautiful girl into my life.  I can honestly say, she is not only a blessing to this ministry, but she is even more a blessing to me.  She shares the same deep, yearning desires to care of the orphans, and she gives HIM ALL the glory and praise!  Becca Hancock is Program 21's Coordinator for Voices 4 the Voiceless.  **Don't worry, you will hear more about this when we return from Uganda.

Meet Becca and her soon-to-be-husband, Russ.

She has spent months in Uganda and God gave her a vision to start what she calls, Program 21.  After we first met, we instantly connected on many levels, and I knew God introduced us for more than friendship.  She has since come on board to continue doing the work God has called her to do - and now with a team effort - we will work to support Program 21!

We will be sharing more with you on this program, as well as other exciting opportunities to care for the orphans!  Until then, please continue to pray for our growing team. These women are precious and are a huge blessing from the Lord.  I am thankful to have them join with Voices 4 the Voiceless and pray you will welcome them with open arms!

Please continue praying for both Richard and I as we travel to Uganda this March!  We leave in 2 weeks, and the Lord is already doing some amazing things!  We hope to go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. More than anything, praying that others will see Him, and through us, He will be glorified!

Many thanks!

Voices 4 the Voiceless Team

No comments:

Post a Comment